The California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) at UCLA is proud to present its annual Nanovation Competition. Ten teams of 4-5 middle and high school students with a teacher leader and UCLA graduate student mentors will create cutting-edge design and technology business proposals based off of CNSI’s Nanoscience Institute workshop series.
The top 3 winning teams will be awarded science classroom supplies, and will be selected by a jury of UCLA professors and Los Angeles business professionals.
- First place: $2000 in classroom supplies.
- Second place: $1000 in classroom supplies.
- Third place: $500 in classroom supplies.
All ten finalist teams will receive an award for completing the pitch and final business proposal submissions.
Timeline of events
- January 7 – Call for submissions is officially open.
- January 25 – Submission deadline.
- February 8 – Up to 10 finalists announced.
- February 28 – Kick-off meeting at CNSI.
- March 2 – Business workshop (teacher & mentors).
- May 22 – Final presentations and judging at CNSI.