Research Development Engineer – CNSI Technology Centers
Research Development Engineer
Application due date:
August 15, 2022
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
This position is for an Assistant Development Engineer
working with other senior development engineers in the California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) Integrated Systems Nanofabrication Cleanroom. Job duties include assisting in chemical waste management and chemical procurement, organizing and supervising student helpers in performing daily duties and housekeeping, maintaining checklists for routine lab maintenance, maintaining parts and chemical inventory, troubleshooting and calibrating equipment; including making test runs, training new users, and assisting with equipment installations.
(required at time of application)
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or similar associated disciple; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working in a Clean Room.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interface with clean room management and users including training and documentation of procedures.
- Skills to deliver information and training.
- Analytic and problem solving skills as they apply to solving process and equipment problems.
- Highly organized with the ability multitask and keep track of many projects/activities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to work safely and conscientiously with dangerous chemicals including flammable solvents, and corrosive acids and bases.
- General Computer skills to include knowledge of MS excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
Learn more and apply here
- 3 required (contact information only)