Welcome to the Kyoto University-UCLA International Symposium / 25th iCeMS International Symposium
Harnessing Physical Forces for Medical Applications - The Convergence of Physics, Nanomaterials, Cell Biology and Cancer Research.
- Physical forces: beams, particles, light, magnetic field, and sound.
- Physical forces and cancer therapy: boron neutron capture therapy, and monochromatic X-ray radiation.
- Imaging: MRI, PET, single molecule imaging, and cryoEM.
- Nanomaterials: Stimuli-responsive nanomaterials.
- How Physical force is used in biology: contractile nanotube system, and cell surface and membrane.
- How cells and organs interface with nanomaterials.
- New industry and commercial development: innovation, and medical instrumentation.
For more information
University of California, Los Angeles
UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
UCLA School of Medicine
Fuyu Tamanoi (iCeMS) and Dino Di Carlo (CNSI/JCCC)
Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS) of Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study
California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) at the University of California, Los Angeles