SAFETY + BUILDING OPERATIONS
Building Operations COVID-19 Update:
On March 19, 2020 Los Angeles County (PDF) and the City of Los Angeles (PDF), among other nearby jurisdictions, ordered all residents to observe “Safer at Home” orders which are actions similar to those of other large metropolitan areas attempting to limit the spread of COVID-19. Educational institutions, like UCLA, are subject to these orders but are considered essential businesses. The California NanoSystems Institute and it’s Technology Centers will modify operations accordingly, with the exception of those that are essential and cannot be conducted remotely. Modifications to Business operations include:
- All CNSI business units will continue to function, either at a remote capacity, or on-site at moderated staffing levels. Please plan to contact CNSI administrative and technical staff for your needs by email (CNSI directory).
- CNSI will continue to provide building operations support at a decreased staffing level.
- Modified loading dock hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 2:00PM.
- We request that you plan to pick up packages when alerted via email. Except for research projects approved by the Vice Chancellor for Research, no new research supplies should be purchased at this time.
For questions related to the CNSI Building Operations, contact email@example.com.
For important updates about COVID-19 and its impact on CNSI facilities, please visit our Coronavirus guidance page.
Building Hours and Access
CNSI business hours are from 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Laboratories are operational 24 hours every day. Entry outside of regular business hours requires an access card. CNSI’s Technology Centers provide fully integrated R&D infrastructure, professional support and opportunities for collaborative research. Utilization of these facilities is managed through the CNSI Laboratory Management System (CLMS). Existing Users can sign in here. Those interested in setting up a User account can learn more about the CLMS System in the User Manual and request an account here. For all other building access card requests, please click here.
Building Maintenance and Operations
The CNSI Building Manager is responsible for addressing maintenance inquiries and facility modification requests from CNSI users and building occupants. Tenants may arrange maintenance work with UCLA Facilities with prior approval from the Building Manager. Maintenance oversight includes matters related to custodial services, environmental controls and equipment, safety and security systems, grounds keeping, laboratory infrastructure, and other building systems.
CNSI offers a number of specialized laboratory resources and services for researchers utilizing our facility. For details and instructions, please click on the links below.
- Autoclave: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 1:00PM-1:30PM
- Bio Waste: Monday through Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Glass Wash: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 1:00PM-1:30PM
- Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Tanks: Delivery available
- Gas Cylinders: Lab staff pick up upon delivery
- Shipping and Receiving: Monday through Friday 8:00AM-12:00PM, 1PM-5PM
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.