Electron Imaging Center for NanoMachines
How can electron microscopy facilitate your research project?
EICN can assist you in achieving success in your research by providing state-of-the-art electron microscopy instruments and assisted usage services. Highly experienced staff provides necessary training and can help users address complex electron imaging needs. EICN offers advanced electron imaging techniques for visualizing materials, nanomachines, and cellular structures at atomic or nanometer scales in 2D and 3D. In addition, our latest integrated iCorr technology enables a streamlined approach to correlative microscopy to perform both fluorescence light and electron microscopy for biological research.
- Instrument Training
- Self Usage
- Assisted Usage
- Data Processing
Highly experienced staff provide the necessary training and can help users address any of their complex electron imaging needs.
For sample preparation and assisted usage, please email to EICNhelp@cnsi.ucla.edu for assistance.
We use a variety of techniques to image and characterize samples
- High resolution imaging can resolve individual atoms
- Cryo-EM can reveal structures and molecular interactions of biological complexes
- X-ray spectroscopy (EDX) can quantify elemental composition
- Tomography can resolve the 3D structure of materials and biological tissues
- Correlative fluorescence and electron microscopy can characterize tissue and cellular samples in 3D
- SEM can visualize surface features up to 1 nm resolution
Questions or comments? Please email us at EICNhelp@cnsi.ucla.edu