The Incubator is intended for highly-motivated early stage companies seeking space for a short period of time, no more than two years, while they conduct key de-risking activities necessary to attract follow-on investment or acquisition. In order to be eligible for the Incubator a company must meet the following criteria:
- The company has sufficient working capital to achieve critical technical/business milestones and cover Incubator fees for six (6) months.
- The company has been incorporated for no more than three (3) years.
- The company’s primary place of business will be physically located in the Incubator.
- Preference will be given to companies with at least one of the following relationships with UCLA:
- The company has (or is negotiating) a license of intellectual property owned or controlled by the UCLA.
- The company has (or is negotiating) a sponsored research agreement with UCLA.
- Have at least one active member (co-founder or member of the management team) who is a current UCLA faculty, student, or staff.
- Have at least one active member (co-founder or member of the management team) who is a UCLA alumnus (less than 5 years since graduation).
We focus our resources on the most promising companies. Admission to the Incubator is through a competitive review process that starts with an online application that will initially be screened by the Incubator Management Team for alignment with eligibility criteria. The Incubator Management Team may contact the applicant for further clarification. Selected applicants will be invited to present to the Incubator Selection Committee, which meets quarterly. Based on the Selection Committee’s input, the Incubator Director will make a final decision regarding acceptance and inform the applicant.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for entry to the CNSI Incubator, please fill out the form below.