CytoLumina is dedicated to expanding precision medicine through the development of nanotechnology-enabled rare-cell capture and sorting platforms.
Market:CytoLumina Technologies Corp. is a leader in using circulating tumor cells (CTC) to enable personalized cancer care. The separation and analysis of CTCs from patient blood samples provide a means of understanding tumors across disease sites, including the primary tumor and metastases. The global market for CTC based cancer diagnostics and CTC monitoring is expected to reach $8.9 billion by 2018.
Technology:CytoLumina established the unique concept of CytoTrapNano™ cell-affinity substrates in which nanostructured substrates are coated with a cell capture agent that targets a specific type of cancer cell. When coupled with a microfluidic chaotic mixer, the system is able to isolate CTCs from a patient blood sample with high efficiency and accuracy.
- Transformative access to inaccessible tumors
- Safe, eliminates traditional tissue biopsies
- Accurate detection of CTCs
- Low cost option for cancer monitoring
- Device for capturing circulating cells; 9,140,697 on 3/18/2010
- Systems, Methods and Components for Isolating Cells from a Fluid Sample; PCT/US2013/043171 on 5/29/2013
- Selective capture and stimulated release of circulating cells on nanostructured devices; PCT/US2013/053063 on July 31, 2013
- -F. Chen, Y. Zhu, Y.-T. Lu, E. Hodara, S. Hou, V. G. Agopian, J. S. Tomlinson, E. M. Posadas, H.-R. Tseng (2016) Clinical Applications of NanoVelcro Rare-Cell Assays for Detection and Characterization of Circulating Tumor Cells, Theranostics, 6(9): 1425-1439. PMCID: PMC4924510
- Wang, K. Liu, J. Liu, Z. T.-F. Yu, E. K. Lee, X. Xu, J. Reiss, T. Lee, L. W. K. Chung, J. Huang, M. Rettig, D. Seligson, K. N. Duraiswamy, C. K.-F. Shen and H.-R. Tseng (2011) Highly Efficient Capture of Circulating Tumor Cells Using Nanostructured Silicon Substrates with Integrated Chaotic Micromixers. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 50: 3084-3088. (Featured on the Cover) PMCID: PMC3085082.
Company Contact:Website: http://cytolumina.com YouTube: https://youtu.be/wtkYslB49i0 Contact: http://cytolumina.com/contact