Orchard Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening orphan diseases.
Market:Orchard is targeting serious and life-threatening disorders with no treatment option (such as Mucopolysaccharidosis IIIA, also known as Sanfilippo syndrome type A or MPS-IIIA) or where existing options leave significant management gaps (such as adenosine deaminase deficiency severe combined immunodeficiency also called ADA-SCID). We believe that addressing such a profound medical need with the transformative efficacy and safety of ex-vivo gene therapy will create a sustainable business model.
Technology:Ex-vivo autologous gene therapy uses the patient's own stem cells (“autologous”) to treat an underlying genetic condition. The key steps in the procedure include: taking stem cells from the patient’s bone marrow or peripheral blood; inserting a functioning copy of the missing or faulty gene into the patient’s stem cells outside of the patient’s body (“ex-vivo”); and transplanting the genetically-corrected stem cells back into the patient, after the patient has been given a conditioning regimen to “make room” for the genetically-corrected cells.
- Lentiviral vectors used with autologous ex-vivo gene therapy are integrating vectors
- Greater control over genetic manipulation
- Ability to select cell type to be transduced with viral vector
- Not associated with immunogenicity
- Pre-clinical and Clinical
- Orchard's Pickings: How Orchard Cell Therapies Could Best Competitors in ADA-SCID, MPS IIIA | Biocentury
- Orchard gets $20M to trial ‘bubble boy’ gene therapy | Fierce Biotech
- Orchard Therapeutics launches and announces academic partnerships for development of transformative gene therapies | Orchard Therapeutics
Contact:Email: Sylvie Blanchier-Franklin, email@example.com
Phone: +44 (0) 20 3823 2149